Wednesday, July 18, 2012

French Onion Greek Yogurt Chicken

I love chips and dip.  That's right...the fattening kind.  Whether it's corn chips and salsa/guac or Fritos/potato chips and onion dip, they've always been a guilty pleasure combo of mine.


Now, dips often get a bad rep.  And for good reason!  However, there are lots of healthy dips out there!  I got this great dip serving dish and light dip book from my friend Rebecca a few months ago called Skinny Dips, and it has some awesome recipes in it!  One of my favorite things to do is substitute nonfat Greek yogurt for sour cream in dip recipes, which turns out great every time!


Of all the dips I love, French onion is definitely one of my favorites (with Utz potato chips or Fritos, of course!).  It's salty and crazy addictive.  I love trying to recreate my favorite unhealthy flavors in healthy ways.  That's how the recipe for French Onion Chicken was born.

The reviews on this one were great, even as leftovers!  I took some beautiful pictures too, but the memory card wasn't in the camera...oops!

French Onion Greek Yogurt Chicken

Ingredients (I only made one serving for tonight to test out the recipe since I've never cooked with yogurt before…just multiply the ingredients out if you want to make more!):
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp French onion dip mix
- 1 tsp minced parsley
- Freshly cracked salt and pepper

Preparation:
-Preheat oven to 375F
-Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper
-Coat chicken in Greek yogurt mixture; let sit for 10 minutes
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until chicken is cooked though.

I served this chicken recipe with balsamic broccoli and brown rice.  Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I realized the greek yogurt I got at a discount store was set to expire a week ago. Luckily it looks and smells fine. I am cooking this now, but judging by the ingredients, I am confident this is going to be good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete